What Does a Family Law Attorney Do?
Our Fort Worth family law attorney represents clients in sensitive matters that impact their rights in relationships, now and in the years to come.
Family law matters are among the most sensitive types of cases. They can impact your rights in regard to relationships with others, your financial security, and your overall well-being, both now and in years to come. At the Law Office of Kyle Whitaker, you can count on our Fort Worth family law attorney to provide trusted legal guidance and to take whatever actions are needed to help you get the best possible outcome. Find out more about how we can help you.
How Our Fort Worth Family Law Attorney Helps You
As an experienced Fort Worth family law attorney, our office intervenes in legal disputes between family members. We advise you on your rights, draft the required legal documents, negotiate with others involved on your behalf, and represent you in proceedings held through the Tarrant County Family Court. Common types of cases we handle include:
- Contested and uncontested divorce: We provide trusted guidance in even the most complex divorce cases, resolving important issues as efficiently and effectively as possible. This includes the division of marital property and assets, as well as determinations regarding spousal support.
- Child custody and child support: Legal matters concerning children in divorce are among the most sensitive dealt with in the court and can impact your rights and your relationship with them for years to come. We act as a strong advocate on your side, helping you get child support and taking action to ensure outstanding amounts are paid.
- Paternity proceedings: Proving paternity is important for your child and protects their rights regarding inheritances and any benefits they may be entitled to through the other parents. We represent you throughout these proceedings and address important issues in the aftermath, including child custody and support.
- Grandparents’ rights: Under Section 153 of the Texas Family Code, grandparents have certain rights when it comes to being included in their grandchildren’s life. We help ensure you are included in child time-sharing arrangements and in seeking full custody when the situation warrants it.
- LGBTQ cases: LGBTQ couples often face an uphill battle in family court. We act as strong legal allies on your side in matters pertaining to divorce, child custody, and other important issues.
- Modifications of existing orders: Once a family court order is put in place, you are required to follow it. Depending on the situation, our Fort Worth family law attorney can petition the court for modifications.
Reach Out to Our Fort Worth Family Law Attorney Today
Family law cases have the potential to impact your rights, relationships with others, and financial security for years into the future. Get the professional legal representation you need in these matters at the Law Office of Kyle Whitaker. Reach out and call 817-332-7703 or contact our Fort Worth family law attorney online to request a consultation today